Enjoy the pedestrianised city centre
Do you know why Hasselt's shopping streets are so appealing? Because there are no cars. You can wander undisturbed through the traffic-free pedestrian areas. And enjoy all the wonderful things in the shop windows even more.
- Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 5.30 pm and from 8 pm to 6 am: no traffic in the Demerstraat, Hoogstraat, Grote Markt, Walputstraat, Schrijnwerkersstraat, Maastrichterstraat, Sint-Jozefsstraat, Koning Albertstraat and on the Groenplein.
- From 1 pm to 5.30 pm and from 8 pm to 6 am there are more traffic-free streets and squares: Lombaardstraat, Aldestraat, Fruitmarkt, Vismarkt, Maastrichterstraat (part), Botermarkt, Zuivelmarkt and the Hemelrijk.
What if you choose to use your own transport?
Are you travelling by car to Hasselt? Go to www.hasselt.be (Mobility and traffic) for:
- Traffic and parking information
- Information on the Verkeerswinkel of Stad Hasselt
Paid parking can be found at www.parkings-hasselt.be.
Free coach parking
Coaches are not allowed in the city centre. There are, however, 10 free spaces reserved for coaches on the Koning Boudewijnlaan between the Singel and the Groene Boulevard. These are within walking distance, and are accessible day and night, apart from during the Hasselt fun fair.
Blue bike for combining train and bike
With Blue Bike, you can quickly and comfortably travel with the train + bike combination. The Blue Bike annual card allows you to borrow a bike from, for example, Hasselt train station! You can also borrow an electric Blue Bike there.
- 1 card allows you to borrow 2 Blue Bikes. This is possible 24/7 thanks to the key dispensing machines.
- Keep the bike the entire day thanks to the handy lock (max. 18 hours).
- Bring it back to the departure point when returning by train.
More information: www.blue-bike.be
At Tourism Hasselt you can borrow a wheelchair for free. But please first reserve on T +32 11 23 95 40.