Hanami - Cherry blossom viewing Japanese Garden
March 25, 2018 - Japanese Garden
In Japan people anxiously count down to it: The cherry blossom season. In the Japanese Garden in Hasselt, we do exactly the same! On the 24th of March, the Garden will open its doors, and on the 25th our visitors can enjoy the blossoming cherry blossoms. How far (and if) the blossoms are actually blossoming, we can’t know beforehand. This is completely dependent on the weather. So everybody cross your fingers for a beautiful and cherry blossom-filled event.
Highlights of the program:
- A special performance by Hannah Van den Borne. Together with 3 colleagues, she will perform classic Japanese songs for the public of the Japanese Garden. The performance starts at 2:30pm. Caution: Separate registration is free, but mandatory, and there's a maximum of 45 spots available.
- Various food stands and picnic abilities.
- Get your name written in calligraphy style.
- Taiko performance (Japanese drum) by Tatake Taiko
- Photo booth with yukata (traditional Japanese summer wear) for adults and children between the cherry blossoms.
And much more!
Here you can buy your tickets for the Festival. The hours on your ticket indicate your estimated arrival time. For example, with a ticket of 10 am, you can also stay in the Garden until 5 o'clock at night.
Students (1 € p.p.), people with an UiTpas Hasselt and a teacher card (free entrance) do not buy their tickets online, but at the register on the day itself.