In every room of the Literary Museum in Hasselt a totally different fascinating exhibition on books and illustrations. For young and old!
Exhibitions in 2017
Dirty Sheets. Fairy tales and Taboo - 3 September 2017 until 20 January 2018
Anthropologist and author of children’s books Marita de Sterk exhibits the old, raw versions of fairy tales on the basis of old fairy tale books and contemporary adaptations. In collaboration with Museum Dr. Guislain.
- Delve into the dark world of the coal mine.
- Follow in From writer to reader the process of making a book.
- Discover in The Wonder Room the splendid cabinets featuring children’s authors and illustrators.
- Dream away in Poisonous apples on golden plates: an exhibition on food and drink in fairytales.
Geluksparcours (Happiness route)
Author Leo Bormans has developed a ’geluksparcours’ (happiness route) through the museum for children, families and small groups. Just ask at the desk.
- Adults: 4 euros p.p.
- Schools and -18 years old: 2 euros p.p.
Groups (+ 10 pers.): 3 euros p.p. -> Discover the deals for groups in the Literary Museum