Literary Museum: group programme
Visit the Literary Museum in Hasselt with your group. In every room of the Literary Museum in Hasselt there is a totally different fascinating exhibition on books and illustrations. A voyage of discovery for young and old!
Cranes and cherry blossoms
The far east in picture books
01/03 until 14/10/2017
How were the makers of picture books inspired by Japan, China and the Far East? This exhibition is being held in the context of the YOKOSO festival for the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Japanese garden.
Fairy taile attic
02/04 until 19/08/2017
The giant of Tom Thumb, little Red Riding Hood's room ... Let the attic enchant you with the best of 20 years of fairy tale exhibitions in the Literary Museum.
Fairy tales and taboo
03/09/2017 until 20/01/2018
Anthropologist and author of children’s books Marita de Sterk exhibits the old, raw versions of fairy tales on the basis of old fairy tale books and contemporary adaptations. In collaboration with Museum Dr. Guislain.
- Delve into the dark world of the coal mine.
- Follow in From writer to reader the process of making a book.
- Discover in The Wonder Room the splendid cabinets featuring children’s authors and illustrators.
- Dream away in Poisonous apples on golden plates: an exhibition on food and drink in fairytales
Go on a general tour or focus on a particular exhibition. We will provide a personalised interactive tour for your group.
- Available: the whole year
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Group rate (min. 10 persons): 2 euros p.p. (schools), 3 euros p.p. (other groups)
- Guide fee: 35 euros
- Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org