Discover at the Jenever Museum the story of the distilled drink made from small juniper berries with medicinal properties:
- How do you store, pour and savour jenever?
- What is your favourite flavour?
- What is the difference between jenever and gin?
- Why is jenever actually called ‘jenever’?
- Why wasn’t it discovered by anyone in particular?
- In what way has it played a role in history?
Tip: you can also visit the jenever bar without a museum ticket. There is always something new to discover amongst the fine selection of jenevers from the Low Countries. Do try out one of our tasty discovery tours.
Booze in Hollywood / 23.09.2017 - 07.01.2018
Humphrey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe, Gérard Depardieu, Alice Cooper, Johnny Rotten, Keith Richards: they all loved/love their booze. Story-gatherer Birgit Krols has collected iconic photographs of these celebrities with glass in hand. She is showing a selection at the Jenever Museum and in a number of cafés and restaurants throughout the city centre. This exhibition is part of your museum visit.
- Adults: 6 euros p.p. – followed by a free drink
- Youths 12-26 years old: 1 euros p.p.
- -12 years old/Hasselt UiTpass/with 48h card : free
Groups (as of 15 persons.): 5 euros p.p. – followed by a free drink -> Discover the deals for groups in the Jenever Museum
Yes, but not the Molenzaal and Mouttoren.